Wednesday, October 31, 2007

plushies galore!

one of my very favorite things to collect are handmade plush items....and owls...so today i wanted to share some of my current favorite purveyors of plush...and of course to wish everyone a super happy halloween!

this year, i dressed as isabella blow, and created a headpiece out of feathers and millinery wire...if you want to find out more about who isabella is, check her out on
wikipedia...and here i am dressed up this weekend at a party in brooklyn:



now, on to the plush!


this limited edition 'lucy owl' from anna chambers has me hooked already! and there will only be 500, so i'm going to have to get my hands on one now! you can find her at
grumbletoy!


marilyn patrizio makes super cute crochet guys! this was her stash she brought to renegade brooklyn this year, and i got the little pear on the right! check out her
blog to see what shes up to!


keeping in the halloween spirit, i picked up these little guys from
eternal sunshine...alicia is so sweet, and has the cutest little crochet guys! these have been a total hit with my friends...


an amazingly cute bird from dawn at lookwhaticando! i love her treatment of the eyes on all of her pieces...

have a great halloween, everyone! and if i come to your door, be sure you have these:



they're my favorite!

xo
diane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the compliments on my dolls:) You look like Isabella Blow (R.I.P)..great idea for a costume! I looked at your scarves and I really love the "love conquers all" scarf!! (I love winter is my second favorite). I have a favorite quote by Anais Nin that I want on a scarf but its too long I think.
By the way your profile photo is beautiful.Great look..makes me want to cut my hair short again. Ok enough with the compliment fest. Enjoy your weekend!
~Christine

I'm putting a link to your blog on mine , if you dont mind:)

lulette said...

yes, i love your dolls! and thank you for all of the nice words :) my hair is too poker straight to have long- it lays like a flat pancake!

if you want a longer phrase, we can usually work them out...it'll just read as the long phrase once around the length of the scarf instead of the shorter phrases that read 4x around :) eme if you wanna order one, and i can try to work it out!

i'll add your link as well!

xo